April 7, 2016

A Series of Fortunate Events



This time of year always makes me super nostalgic. It's the time of year I graduated high school 5 years ago, Bryan left on his mission 4 years ago, we both came back to Utah 2 years ago and I started school 1 year ago all around this time.

Do you ever think about the decisions you made or events that happened to lead you to where you are now? Like I just think about if my parents had picked a different neighborhood to live in back in 2000, I wouldn't have met Bryan and married him 14 years later. Also, if I hadn't decided to date Bryan, I may have not decided to think about seeking out my own adventure while he was serving his mission. I wouldn't have lived in San Francisco, I wouldn't have met my nanny family or some of my very best and closest friends.

Or sometimes when something didn't work out the way you'd planned, it turned out for the better. Like when I wanted to start school in February of last year but things didn't work out with my financial aid so I had to push it to May instead. If that hadn't happened, I probably wouldn't have the job I have now, or have the friends I do.

Right now, I'm super bummed because my goal was to be done with school by the end of July but I did the math and I won't actually be done until the end of September. But I'm sure there is a reason for that and something wonderful is going to happen that could only happen if my schooling got pushed back.

I also wonder how on Earth I didn't see Bryan for TWO. WHOLE. YEARS. like, what?! That is such a long time! Nowadays, I hate having to leave him for a few hours for school in the mornings. ha ha. It's kind of embarrassing. But he's just my favorite:)


We bought a truck this week. We are SO EXCITED. We cannot take it up into the mountains. Also, guess what, we are going to San Francisco in 107 days. I check my countdown every single day because I'm so excited but it turns out, that makes time go by super slow.

Have a great day and I hope everyone is enjoying this incredibly beautiful weather! And always remember this:





I couldn't resist this ^^^ Baylor insisted on rollerblading when I went on a walk with my parents tonight hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment