December 15, 2016

The Do's and Don'ts of Coconut Oil

I have been experimenting with the all purpose and cure all coconut oil. And I'm here to share my story.

DO: Use coconut oil as a pre-shower hair mask. It melts at very low temperatures so you can just hold it in your hands and run it through your hair. I'll leave it in for 20-60 minutes depending on how distracted I get doing other things.

DON'T: Use coconut oil as a conditioner (okay, this wasn't actually me but it was someone I'm very close to.... *cough*mother*cough*) it does not rinse well by itself and will just leave your hair an oily mess, right mom? haha!

DO: Use coconut oil as body lotion. When I'm fresh out of the shower it makes me feel so soft and silky, especially during this winter months where my skin gets so stinking dry. Bonus: use as a moisturizing lip gloss.

DON'T: Use coconut oil as a brush cleaner. I saw a video on Facebook that you could use coconut oil to wash your make up brushers, it took me about two weeks and about 4 washes to get my brushes usable again and I still didn't get all the oil again. Maybe I just used too much and I should have diluted it a bit more but I probably just won't try that one again.

UNDETERMINED: Oil pulling. I've heard it's great, in case you don't know what oil pulling is, you can read more HERE. I've tried it a couple times, I almost gagged the first time because the texture was so awful before it melted. I haven't noticed the benefits yet (I'm quite skeptical when it comes to holistic treatments) but my mouth does always feel fresh after trying it.


So there you have it! Have a great weekend and Happy Coconut Oil Using! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment